Thursday, October 8, 2009

What I've Read...

Here for whatever reason, I am posting a list of books that I've read and affected me enough that I remember reading them. I know I've read more than this and as of now the list does not include any Shakespeare, Tennessee Williams or Eugene O'Neill plays or any of the myriad of short stories of my past. I have a long list of to-read books. I am always adding to that list (it's real) and would love input on else I should add to it. Let me know if I'm missing anything important. These are in no particular order:

Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton

The Lost World by Michael Crichton

Bad Twin by Gary Troup

Lisey’s Story by Stephen King

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King

The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer

Lord of the Flies by William Golding

Hard Times by Charles Dickens

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

The Fall by Albert Camus

A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce

A Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs

Insomnia by Stephen King

I Am America (And So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert

The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka

Paradise Lost by John Milton

The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas

The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoevsky

Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky

The Divine Comedy Vol I, II, III by Dante

The Iliad by Homer

The Odyssey by Homer

The Aeneid by Virgil

The Case For Christ by Lee Strobel

On Writing by Stephen King

Jesus Under Fire by Michael J. Wilkins and J. P. Moreland

The Bible Jesus Read by Philip Yancey

Candide by Voltaire

Moby Dick by Herman Melville

This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti

The Oath by Frank Peretti

The Road by Cormac McCarthy

Dracula by Bram Stoker

The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

Refresh, Refresh by Benjamin Percy

As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner

Blue Highways by William Least Heat-Moon

Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J. K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

(and no, I haven't finished The Deathly Hallows yet)

1 comment:

  1. Some good books on that list, that bring back good memories for me too. I've got such a long to-read list too - and I don't think it ever gets any shorter, no many how many you read. :)

    ReplyDelete