Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can I Get an "Amen?!"

It's official. I am now a reporter and a journalist. After nearly two years of searching, praying, hoping, crying, shouting and other -ing's I have begun my career. To make a very long story very short (I'm sure many of you who read this know the details anyway), my wife, Emily, was offered a job in Lander, Wyoming. She accepted. Not too much later I made the journey to Lander with my family to search for a job and a place for us to live. It just so happened the local paper was hiring.

I report for the Lander Journal and the Riverton Ranger.

We moved not all that long ago, and I began work right away. Due to traveling back from whence we came for an absolutely beautiful wedding for an absolutely beautiful couple, I am on my first full week of work.

The staff seems great to work with thus far, and I am getting more and more immersed in the local scene. I will be covering everything from city council meetings to hunting events to construction projects to whatever. I'm so excited. (Don't bother checking the website for my articles. We don't post them.)

In case you were wondering, I have not and will not stop writing fiction. But the frequency of such has slowed drastically with the move and the adjustments and will remain so for some time. No doubt my new life here will feed myriads of ideas my way.

Did I mention there are mountains?

Thanks to everyone who has supported me and told me they believed in me along the way. Your kindness and love was never overlooked. I will forever be grateful and indebted to you all. It will probably require an entire post just to list all of you, so I will forgo that for now. (You all know who you are.)

No comments:

Post a Comment