Monday, February 9, 2009

Busy

Sorry that it's been a while since I've written on here. I am getting married to a wonderful woman in less than three weeks and the planning is keeping me quite busy. On top of that I'm moving into her place with her.

Last Thursday I met author Benjamin Percy. He is a tremendous modern, young writer and I recommend his short stories to anyone looking for a good read. I went to a reading he did. I had never been to a reading before. Definitely an experience, one that you should not pass up.

I'm taking a step back from "Unreasonable Seizure" and am starting a piece tentatively called "Red Truck." A squirrely bookish woman has a red truck with an enclosed bed park in her spot at her small apartment complex. It doesn't leave and she makes it her goal to find out whose it is and why it is there. Strange events ensue. Once I have something substantial started I'll post it.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your wedding!! I look forward to hearing more about "Red Truck" - it sounds intriguing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your wedding! I wish you many years of happiness together. My advice to you and your bride, if you care to take it, is never forget the little things. Be it the touch of your hand, a loving look, a simple wildflower given just because, never forget. You don't need the big gestures to keep a marriage together. This advice, given to me before my wedding, has kept my marriage strong and growing stronger for almost 15 years now. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete